Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ya Got That on Vinyl?

My husband is (according to him, was according to me) a musician. In the 80s and 90s he played guitar and bass in such well-known [koff] bands as The Rocket Scientists, False Idols, The Disillusioned Minds, The Bug Eaters and The Mutations. No, you never heard of any of them, but that's not the point. The point is that Richard to this day cannot hear any even slightly off-the-wall phrase without declaring, "That would be a great name for a band!" I'd make a list of examples here but I tend to purge them from my brain cells as quickly as possible after the groan has escaped my lips. It's a self-preservation thing.

Anyways, the meme of the moment is to use Wikipedia to name your band. The concept is to go to Wikipedia and click "Random Article" in the left column. The first article you hit is the name of your band. The next step is to go to Wikipedia's random quotations and find the last quote on the page. The last four or five words of the last quote are your album title. The third and final step is to go to Flickr and click explore the last seven days. The third image is your album cover. No cheating!

With a little help from Paint Shop Pro and a ridiculously large collection of fonts, here are my new releases. Hubby is set for life and I'll never again have to hear how "The Popping Boobs" would be a great name for a band:

Bhatia
Enemies Accumulate

ChristChurch
The Power of Intention

Nine Lives
An Inferior Priest

Utopian Dances
Where I Needed to Be

The Joncels
Defense Against the Universe

Tephrite
Born Out of an Intention

This works so well it's almost disturbing.

No comments: